SEE WHO'S ROCKIN THE KASBAH TONIGHT!

Welcome to the Kasbah blog. Check in daily for the scoop on whose performing, what artists are showing in the gallery and special edition interviews and happenings!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Tessa Chats With Buckley Moonwall

Hi Kasbah People! I just had the best chat with Buckley Moonwall, aka Gordon Vincent. We sat down on Skype to talk about SL, music and all things Buckley. So many times a musician is interviewed and asked the same questions over and over. I wanted to try and avoid that for the most part, but there were a few things I felt could be touched on briefly. One of those things was Buckley's first impression of SL in general. His friend Pete, also known as Pilgrim75 Swashbuckler, had been on SL for about a month and told him about it...his first reaction....he dismissed it as just another one of those "things". But after watching a show he thought it was a bit weird, but also cool. He decided to give it a try, the start was rough, issues with sound etc. but he found everyone to be so supportive and helpful, and he learned a lot about the technical side of performing.
  I asked about some of the differences he noticed between SL and RL performances. "In SL it is more intense, the sound is more vivid, more controlled," he said, "I play with headphones on so I hear everything and the fans hear everything I do as well" He also mentioned the amazing interaction he enjoys with the crowd. "I love to read local chat when I can, my fans are funny and sometimes crazy, makes for a better show all around" We talked about some of the more amusing interactions he has had during sets, one in particular came to mind..."One of the people in the audience made comment about the tip jar I use...a monkey in a wagon, there is always someone making funny comments, stroke the monkey, hit the monkey...free the monkey.... but this one fan in particular was saying it gave a whole new meaning to massaging the monkey...and I wanted to know...what was the old meaning???......turns out she worked in a zoo!" He told me he loved getting to know his fans, that the idea that people from all over the world can come to SL and hear his music was mind blowing to him.
   The SL music scene is my home and I wanted to know how Buckley felt about it. True to form he was enthusiastic about his feelings. "It's such a strong scene, I think of it kind of like the new frontier...everyone trying new things, breaking new ground, some of it works, some of it doesn't...but we keep pushing...exploring." He said SL music gave him what he needed, interaction with people, a place to share his music and learn. It was clear Buckley was thrilled to have the opportunity to perform in SL and to reach so many with his music.
    I asked Buckley about his RL career, how it was going, what was new...and he told me he is hoping to begin touring the NE soon, sharing his music and that his 3rd CD, Confessions of a Hummingbird Farmer, should be out in July. Where can we get it I asked...."I will probably sell it in world, but it can also be purchased at ITunes, CDbaby and of course my website GordonVincent.com" We talked a bit about his goals for his SL career and he made me smile, saying he just wants to keep playing, growing and reaching more people. ""I feel I am a better performer because of SL, and I look forward to more feedback to help me to continue to grow."
    Sadly our time was drawing to an end, so I asked my standard fan question...What would you like to say to the fans on SL? I don't think I have gotten quite such a lovely answer before..."My life is as a singer/songwriter, to have such regular fans, or to be playing so often,
connecting so directly, - this is all new, and really appreciated. I feel like I've been on the road
for the past year and a half.  I want to share myself with them through my music and thank them all for coming to my shows and to let them know that nothing I do would mean anything without them, it's not all about me, the shows are what they are because of those wonderful people" I leave you with that, until next time...Tessa1 Beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment