SEE WHO'S ROCKIN THE KASBAH TONIGHT!

Welcome to the Kasbah blog. Check in daily for the scoop on whose performing, what artists are showing in the gallery and special edition interviews and happenings!

Monday, May 17, 2010

KASBAH INTERVIEWS TAKE 1

   Hi and welcome to the Kasbah blog. Every week we will be interviewing one of the Kasbah musicians, learning a little about them, what they like, what they think about SL, Live Music and of course The Kasbah! This week I had the pleasure of interviewing Adrienne Deezul. We met on Skype for a chat, and, right off the bat, I liked her! What a friendly, outgoing person, we spoke with ease about SL, RL, music and even a bit about real estate lol.
        Adrienne, real name Jordan Reyne,  is originally from New Zealand.  Her early years there could be described as difficult, and she spent a year living with her guitar instructor and his family before branching out on her own.  She now resides in Germany with her partner and performs for us from the comfort of her home. I asked Adrienne about the difficulties of living in Germany and performing in SL due to the time zone differences. What she told me was amazing, "I had to go to the rental group and ask when I could play my music legally and  the tenants group said.. that the law is basically not in favor of any kind of playing music,but, because studies have shown  that music is helpful to peoples well being so there fore we must allow it, so you can play legally from 7am to 12pm  and 3pm to 8pm, that means the latest I can have a gig is 11AM SL time"  she continued with "there are very strict rules here about music"

     I asked Adrienne what first brought her to SL and what she liked most about performing here. She said that her friend, an SL musician, suggested she come and check it out. She did a set with said friend and was amazed at the feedback she received from the audience. She was hooked and decided to become an SL resident and share her music. Her favorite thing about performing in SL is the warmth and support she feels from her friends and fans and the ability to reach a broader audience with her music. Since we were discussing fans, I asked if she had any funny stories she would like to share. She did! the first was about her early days in SL, she was performing after someone and he was announcing she would be coming up next, here is what he said.."I don't know who is up after me....oh, it's Adrienne Deezul, well who the hell is that?" she told the story with intermittent laughs and I could tell that she really thought it was amusing. Her other fan story was about someone who came to her deep dark set and began break dancing and smoking. She said, "I love it when people do stuff like that, inappropriate dancing, silly stuff, in fact that person became my best friend in SL!" Did I mention I really like this girl? lol
         I was curious about Adrienne's music career in RL, she told me that when she first came to Germany she was a busker, performing on street corners in Hamburg and other areas. I was thrilled to learn that she has 5 albums out and has been nominated for several music awards in New Zealand! Her CD's can be found at CDBABY and most of her sales are made that way. She does perform about 2 RL gigs a month, but prefers to sing here in SL. In fact, her long term goal is to survive financially solely on SL performances, following in the footsteps of such musicians as Russel Eponym and Loran Andretti.
       Adrienne was excited to share with me her website www.jordanreyne.com where you can find more about herself, and her music. She is looking forward to the release of her newest video for the song The Brave from the Album How The Dead Live. The album is about Susanna Hawes, a brave woman who quietly made history. I could hear the emotion in her voice as she spoke about the song and the inspiration for it. She promised to give me the scoop on the release date for the video and the song can soon be heard here on the blog as well!
       Our time was coming to a close, so I asked my final question..."What do you like about performing at the Speakeasy and what are your thoughts on your upcoming weekly gig at The Kasbah" True to form, Adrienne was quick to answer and straightforward..."I loved how the people behaved there, it's a great venue! I really like Loegan he is a professional, but with humor" She is looking forward to performing at Kasbah, starting May 19th at 10am SL time. She describes her music as dark with attitude and while I found her very entertaining and engaging I just know  that attitude is in there! I enjoyed the interview and look forward to catching her perform at The Kasbah soon! Don't you think you should be there too? That's all for now, take care...Tessa1 Beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment